A Marketing Manager position is available with All Out Africa as a 2 year contract starting as soon as possible. The package will include a basic salary of E16,000 per month and incentive pay based largely on sales performance.
ALL OUT AFRICA is a responsible travel organization that includes 5 entities registered in Eswatini (Swaziland), South Africa and Mozambique and operates from 10 permanent premises across southern Africa. We offer a range of responsible travel products (tours, safaris, volunteer holidays, study abroad experiences, internships, accommodation) and services (destination management, guiding, transport, camp site operation, equipment hire). All Out Africa is serious about giving back to the community and conserving wildlife and through our All Out Africa Foundation we provide a range of charitable services (education, OVC support, food security, health & sport development, poverty alleviation, wildlife research & monitoring) and run a number of educational facilities (including 8 day care centres and 2 wildlife research centres). All Out Africa is an umbrella brand and has a number of associated brands (Lidwala Lodge, Hout Bay Backpackers, Savannah Research Centre, Marine Research Centre, Hike Eswatini, Bike Eswatini, Khula Tree Project, Ezulwini NCP, Elangeni NCP, Enkhanini NCP).
The position of Marketing Manager involves managing the marketing operations of the organization with a view to growing direct sales, brand awareness and loyalty, agent relationships and customer satisfaction. In this position you would be expected to apportion your time and effort between entities and operations according to existing revenue streams and potential for growth. An in-depth understanding of the eco-tourism industry is required and prior success with selling & marketing similar experiences. An excellent understanding of typical customers and their motivations is needed. Experience with developing marketing material (both print & digital) as well as content (graphic design & video production) is needed and skill in doing these yourself would be ideal. The ability to understand, develop and manage brand identity is essential.
In this position you will report to the co-owners of the business and will liaise closely with the business development director and operations directors for the divisions (tours, projects, foundation). In this position you will guide sales performance for the bookings staff (in collaboration with operations Directors) and will most likely be based in the Swaziland office but may be required to occasionally visit the various operational centres. This will include the following tasks:
- Manage & develop the organisations website www.alloutafrica.comas well as www.alloutafrica.org;
- Manage & develop the organisations social media platforms (facebook, Instagram, twitter, youtube) including new ones (Tik Tok);
- Manage & develop a CRM & booking system where appropriate
- Manage & develop web based advertising campaigns (e.g. google adwords, facebook adverts);
- Manage & develop listings on directory websites (e.g. www.responsibletravel.com, www.goabroad.com) based on product briefs developed by the business development director;
- Grow & develop relationships with existing agents to grow sales
- Actively source new leads for prospective direct customers & grow the numbers of direct bookings
- Oversee responses to leads and enquiries to encourage sales
- Evaluate booking records & adjust marketing & advertising based on trends
- Promote the organisations brands & develop brand policies with awareness strategies & activities & oversee the implementation of these;
- Collect excellent marketing content (photographs, videos, blogs, stories);
- Develop adverts & marketing material (videos, blogs, print media articles, flyers, posters, etc);
- Other tasks associated with marketing and growing sales and bookings.
- A sales or marketing tertiary qualification;
- An in-depth understanding of the eco-tourism & youth travel industry
- Experience and demonstrated success in marketing & selling experiences similar to those of AOA;
- Experience with online marketing and advertising (including google adwords, facebook advertising etc) & online social networking for promoting ecotourism sales;
- An excellent understanding of the typical customers & their motivations;
- Experience with developing marketing material (both print & digital) as well as content (graphic design & video production) – skill in doing these yourself would be ideal;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a passion for travel in Africa;
Please send a motivation letter and resume/CV with references and relevant examples as an application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8thMarch 2020.