The Kingdom of Eswatini formerly known as Swaziland is a landlocked country in Southern Africa. Eswatini is one of the smallest countries in Africa, but also one of the most interesting with lots of fun and adventure. Eswatini is a microcosm of Africa with strong traditions, vibrant cultural festivals and friendly laid back people.
It is a country of scenic beauty and huge possibility being strategically located between South Africa and Mozambique and having relatively well developed infrastructure and a peaceful history and reputation.
- Eswatini is one of the only remaining African monarchies
- Eswatini is the smallest country in the Southern Hemisphere
- Eswatini accounts for 14% of the recorded plant life in Southern Africa
- Nearly 3/4 of Swazis work in agriculture
- Eswatini’s main export is sugar
- Eswatini is divided into four districts: the northwest Hhohho; Lubombo in the east; the central-west Manzini; and the southern Shiselweni
- Eswatini’s capital is Mbabane, though its Royal and Legislative capital is Lobamba
- Mealie meal (ground corn) is one of the main foods eaten in Eswatini
Eswatini is Africa’s last remaining true monarchy and in its unique laid-back way is steeped in Swazi culture and tradition. It is a scenic, hilly Kingdom with a friendly age-old way of life that captures the heart of anyone who takes the time to experience it. Eswatini has a rich culture and heritage, as well as some of the friendliest people you will ever meet.
|Build a Future|
Malolotja Zipline Adventure (1 day) – Zipline canopy tour and lunch (no transport to start point included)
Malolotja Zipline Advneture (1 day) – Zipline canopy tour and lunch (transport to start point included)
Malolotja Zipline Advneture (2 days) – Zipline canopy tour and northern Swazi highlights
Swazi Rock Lodge and River Tubing Adventure (2 days) – Tubing and rustic mountain lodge
Lobamba Walking Tour (1/2 day) – Cultural walking tour through Eswatini’s traditional heart
Swazi Cultural Village Tour (1/2 day) – A look at Swazi culture, beliefs, lifestyle and dance
Swazi Rural Heartbeat Tour (1/2 day) – Half day visit to rural Eswatini to see rural development projects
Swazi to Cape (11 days) – Adventure exploration of southern African east coast
Swazi to Vic Falls (8 days) – Visit the Adventure capital of Africa combining trips to South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe
The weather in Eswatini varies depending on the season – it can be very hot and quite cold and all the temperatures in between! So please pack considering the guidelines below – anything from swim wear to hoodies may be required!
The Eswatini summer is opposite to the northern hemisphere, with hot temperatures being experienced in December and colder temperatures in July.
- October to March is when Eswatini’s rainfall is at its highest – so bring a waterproof and shoes suitable for rainfall
- The hottest months are October to March – so bring swim wear and light, cool clothing. Temperatures can cool in the evening, particularly in October and March so bring a fleece or similar for the evenings
May to August are the winter months, typically they are drier but are colder, particularly in the evening when temperatures can drop to 1 or 2 degrees. Days can be warm and sunny and also cold, so bring a mix of clothing