Why being an international volunteer is awesome…
OUR VOLUNTEERS HAVE SAID:
OUR VOLUNTEERS HAVE SAID:
Volunteer experiences give you the opportunity to connect with the people and culture in a meaningful way and to give something back to people and wildlife in need while at the same time allowing you some time to recharge and explore new destinations.
What you can contribute during your volunteer experience:
- Make a valuable contribution of new skills, ideas and enthusiasm to your chosen project and help build local capacity as part of All Out Africa’s non-profit foundation and it’s research and sustainable development
- Assist in giving your time and physical energy to a worthwhile long-term project, be it educating and supporting orphaned and vulnerable children or conducting field research for conserving Africa’s Savannahs or any of our other projects – we know how precious your time is
- Help raise and contribute the funds necessary to sustain the projects and long-term program of support – our program is sustainable through the participation of volunteers like yourself
- Connect with locals and share perspectives which contribute towards inter-cultural understanding, learning and peace
- Connect with peers and build friendships of support and mutual growth and understanding
- Share your experiences and learning with the All Out Africa family and help motivate us in our work – we love hearing how you gained from your experience and this is one of our motivations to be dedicated
What can you gain from your volunteer experience?
- Experience something amazing – be more than a tourist, really and truly immerse yourself in a place, it’s culture, wildlife and people
- Experience the pleasure of giving back to a worthwhile cause where you get to see, breathe and experience that process
- Gain knowledge and practical experience from a project in the field and learn in the process
- Gain international experience of working and living in a multi-cultural setting abroad
- Create memories and friendships that last a lifetime
- Gain valuable transferable skills for your CV or school/college applications
- A certificate and reference on successful completion of the volunteer process
- Step beyond your comfort zone and challenge yourself into the culture and environment of some amazing African destinations
- Widen your view of the world and develop your confidence and independence
- Fun and enjoyment, and the option to travel and explore stunning African destinations
- Connect with locals and share perspectives which contribute towards your inter-cultural understanding, learning and happiness
Connect with peers and build friendships of support and mutual growth and understanding
Top Ten reasons to choose a Volunteer Program with All Out Africa!!
- We offer the best volunteer programs in Africa – a variety of projects have been carefully selected to offer rewarding experiences with excellent guidance and support.
- We offer volunteer programs in the best destinations in Africa – beautiful places in relatively safe environments with opportunities to immerse yourself in diverse cultures within four different countries in Southern Africa.
- We are local and reputable – an African based organisation that is up-to-date and locally relevant and you have the peace of mind of joining a passionate and reputable company with over 40 full-time staff and a history of over 3,000 successful placements and 11 years of experience in the industry with an impeccable track record.
- We have the best ability to add adventure and travel to your volunteer experience – add wildlife, adventure and cultural tours to the package seamlessly with our All Out Africa Adventure Tours department.
- With us you know you are contributing to sustainable development – our All Out Africa Foundation has extensive partners and projects to ensure work and efforts facilitate sustainable, long-term development with strategic impact and growth.
- Personal and straightforward booking and payment process – liaise with just one contact person who will organise the placement, accommodation, transport and logistics for you.
- Receive a comprehensive orientation and cultural tour upon arrival to help you settle into your new environment.
- All your accommodation and food are organised for the duration of your stay in award-winning accommodation facilities run by the All Out Africa Accommodation department leaving you to focus on your volunteer experience and have fun from day one!
- You will have a designated local contact at your placement and an All Out Africa coordinator to support and assist you during your stay facilitating interactions with other interns and volunteers from abroad as well as locals.
- Your volunteer experience is designed to be structured with clear roles to enable you to make an impactful contribution without needing previous experience or skills
All Out Africa operates in some of the most beautiful destinations Southern Africa has to offer. These locations are also areas where the local community or environment needs support and we believe we can make a valuable difference to the wellbeing of people and wildlife. By choosing the Volunteer Program with us, you are directly contributing to community development, capacity building, research and conservation that is participatory and sustainable.
Our Promise to You!
Your safety, security and quality of experience are a priority to us. By choosing an All Out Africa volunteer experience, we promise the following to you:
- Pre-departure support with assistance with documentation to arrange visas, travel arrangements, country and cultural information and a packing list
- Access to 24/7 support from experienced professionals, thorough in-country training and orientation
- ‘Temporary Adoption’ into the warm, nurturing and welcoming All Out Africa Family!
- Safe, clean and comfortable accommodation and three good meals a day
- Consistent support at your placement from both our project partners and our All Out Africa Coordinators
- A debrief at the end of your experience to enable you to reflect on what you have learnt and seen and how you can use your experience to shape your future
- A worthwhile placement which actively contributes to the long-term aims of our partners and programs
- Responsive programs which are regularly reviewed and evaluated and are continually enhanced to provide life-changing experiences and make worthwhile contributions
- Emergency contact numbers and support from an All Out Africa staff member should you become sick or need assistance during your placement
- Vehicles and equipment which are insured and well maintained
Peace of mind that we are a legal and licensed company operating within the laws of the countries we are based
Why pay to volunteer and where do your funds go?
All Out Africa and its partners do not receive funds from external parties to facilitate volunteering, which means we have to look to volunteers to fund their own experiences. The money you pay to volunteer enables All Out Africa to provide comprehensive support and high-quality experiences, and to work in a long-term, sustainable manner to make a significant contribution to development and conservation in the countries we operate in. Our project partners also receive support with materials and on occasions running costs to ensure they are able to operate effectively and provide a quality volunteer experience.
Your funds cover the on the ground costs, such as accommodation, food and support, and also to assist with the operating costs of All Out Africa to enable us to continue with our exceptional intern and volunteer programs.
Ways to Fund Raise for your trip and donations
Consider asking others to assist you to fund your trip, after all this is a great learning experience for you but also the opportunity to directly contribute to sustainable development projects to help alleviate poverty and conserve the environment.
Should you prefer to fund the costs of own trip, you may wish to consider fundraising to make a donation to the All Out Africa non-for-profit Foundation. The Foundation conducts projects which support orphan and vulnerable children, sponsors children to attend school and supports research to help the conservation of both the African Savannah Ecosystem and the Marine Ecosystem and its Megafauna. To find out more about how your funds would be used, please go to the Foundation’s website: www.alloutafrica.org
There are organizations and websites that you can use to help you raise funds, and some have dedicated sections for raising funds for volunteering:
You can also organize activities the old-fashioned way and encourage donations though ideas such as cake baking, washing cars, gardening, sponsored silences, parties and events.
Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any information about All Out Africa, the projects we support and the volunteer experience to help you with raising funds – we are happy to help!