“Hands down the best experience of my life, and I’m so grateful for everyone I’ve met along the way; I’ve never been happier!”
“Fantastic, worthwhile, unforgettable!”
The Kruger & Volunteering Adventure Tour will take you through some of the best that southern Africa has to offer in terms of wildlife and culture. Begin in Swaziland where you will get involved in grass roots community projects and make an active contribution to improve the lives of orphan and vulnerable children. Embark on a five day camping safari through the world famous Kruger National Park to spot big game. Not only will you’ll have the amazing opportunity to see some of Africa’s most incredible wildlife but you will also have the opportunity to participate in an important community development projects.
The highlights of this incredibly diverse and comprehensive tour of southern Africa tour include:
- Safari in Kruger National Park in search of Africa’s famous Big five – lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino
- Sunset/night drive in Kruger, a great time to spot the large cats
- Volunteering – this is your turn to learn traditional Swazi building methods and to develop/maintain our care points to educate and support orphan and vulnerable children
- Visit to a Swazi Cultural Village and learn about Swaziland’s rich culture
During your stay you will be accommodated in a variety of lodges as you tour Southern Africa, but home base will be the award winning Lidwala Lodge in Ezulwini Valley. Three meals a day will also be provided, some on a self-serve basis and others cooked for you.
WHERE YOUR PROJECT FEE GOES
By signing up with us you are donating your time and skills to work directly with communities in need through a structured project. There are many benefits of volunteering through an organization like ours. Sometimes it is hard to find projects to support in a foreign country that are safe, worthwhile, and reputable. When you sign-up for one of our projects for 2 or 12 weeks, you become part of a bigger, sustainable plan that our team of qualified staff have carefully crafted. You will also receive travel and visa support, orientation, a safe place to stay, logistical support, in addition to clear expectations of the work you will do. This is why we charge a fee for volunteering or interning abroad.
Your project fee goes towards a company you can trust, an experience that is worthwhile and an opportunity that will make a positive and sustainable impact on the community you have chosen to serve.
There are 2 distinct parts to this travel experience each with its own interesting flavour.
In Kruger you will be joining a camping safari holiday. Here your days will be spent on game drives searching for the incredibly diverse wildlife that this world renowned national park has to offer, while at night you will be camped out under the African stars, sitting around a crackling campfire listening to tales of the African bush. While in Kruger your guide will teach you about the animals and plants of the African Savannah and how important it is to protect this beautiful but fragile Eco-system.
When you arrive in the beautiful mountainous Kingdom of Swaziland your role will switch to volunteer as you get involved in projects that aim to uplift the lives of orphaned and vulnerable children.
Volunteers have the option of choosing the following projects:
Childcare which involves assisting the teachers at our Neighbourhood Care Points (NCPs) , which act as pre-schools for orphan and vulnerable children
Building which involves projects such as laying bricks for new classrooms or maintaining the gardens at our NCPs
Sports which includes assisting with running sporting
activities with our NCP children including swimming
lessons (depending on the season).
* Please note that the activities listed above are based on availbility and may vary by season. These are samples of activities that are volunteers are likely to participate in.
Day in the life of a volunteer:
|7:00||Wake up to see the sunshine, jump in a hot shower and get yourself started for the day with breakfast!|
|8:00||Travel to your placement and get ready to begin your day|
|8:30||Participate in your chosen project, such as building structures, digging foundations, making bricks, maintaining structures, planting seeds and erecting fences.|
|13:00||Time to either return to your accommodation for lunch, or eat the packed lunch you made that morning!|
|14:00||Begin your afternoon’s work with a full stomach and enthusiasm – this may involve returning to your morning building placement or having the opportunity for additional projects including local language lessons and assisting at homework clubs|
|16:30||Return back to your accommodation and share your day’s adventures with other volunteers, maybe even a quick swim in the pool!|
|18:30||Enjoy a delicious evening meal and relax……|
Day 1 Fly into OR Tambo Airport, Johannesburg where you will be met by All Out Africa staff members who will transfer you by road from Johannesburg to the Kingdom of Swaziland.
Day 2 The second day begins with an informative presentation that will brief you on all you need to know about the culture and country, how to effectively contribute during your volunteer experience.
Day 3-7 Conservation tour, Kruger National Park, South Africa
Kruger National Park is probably Africa’s most famous Conservation area. Spanning nearly 20,000 KM2 it covers a vast array of habitats and associated wildlife. We venture on a five day tour into the heart of Kruger Park including four nights camping in the park and unlimited game drives exploring the vast wilderness with our wildlife guides.
Day 7 you will depart Kruger for the beautiful Kingdom of Swaziland. Day 8-14 Volunteer Projects, Swaziland You will spend the next few
days volunteering on your selected project.
As a volunteer, the activities you might be involved in will include any of the following practical projects:
● Teaching basic English and maths to children
● Organising the children at meal times
● Organising creative games & craft classes to stimulate minds ● Organising sports days for exercise and fun
● Participating in swimming and other sports
RESERVE YOUR SPACE WITH A 10% DEPOSIT!
2 Weeks For $1527 3 Weeks For $1761 4 Weeks For $1943
6 Weeks For $2383
*Prices listed in US Dollar. For special prices, group rates or custom placements please email for a custom quote.
● Making clay bricks and preparing land for structures to be build
● Building structures including roofing
● Fencing and developing gardens to provide
vegetables for the children
*If you are a 4 weeks Kruger & Volunteering, volunteer you will not be involved in the Teaching and day to day care of children at the Neighbourhood Care Points. As the children become very excited with new arrivals, the frequent change-over of volunteers disrupts the study and impacts on attachment issues experienced by the children. 6 and 8 week Kruger & Volunteering volunteers, however, will have the chance to participate in assisting with the teaching and care of the children.
For 2 Week Option
Day 14 Sadly all great adventures must come to an end and on your final day you will leave the backpacker lodge in Swaziland and transfer by road to Johannesburg.
Airport transfer is included and facilitated by All Out Africa if on the designated departure day.
For 2 Week+ Option
Day 15 Onwards Continue with your volunteer project as described in days 8-14 giving you more time to contribute to your project.
- Comprehensive 24 hour, 7 day a week support from All Out Africa
- Volunteer projects specifically designed to enable you to make an active contribution during your stay
- Support of volunteer project coordinators who are experts in their fields which ensures the volunteer experience is valuable
- Comprehensive orientation to the country, its culture and your role as a volunteer upon arrival
- All food and accommodation throughout your stay
- Tour guide for the duration of your tours, imparting their expert local knowledge and spotting lions in Kruger
- Donation to our non-for-profit foundation which supports our humanitarian and community and conservation activities
You can also add one of the following to your adventure of a lifetime prior to or upon arrival:
- Bush walk in Kruger, to see some of the smaller creatures that reside in Kruger up close and personal
- Zip lining weekend through the mountains, waterfalls and gorges of Malolotja Nature Reserve
NOT INCLUDED IN THE FEE
- Local transport fares to your projects
- Medical/Travel insurance
- All flights & visas
Some Interesting Links
Volunteer Projects Contact
- +268 2416 2260
Adventure Tours contact
- +268 2528 3423