“Conduct research in our well equiped centres being supported by our experienced scientists”
OUR STUDENTS HAVE SAID:
All Out Africa has been fantastic and the team here are absolutely brilliant - I will definately be returning to the lodge.Danni Berry
OUR STUDENTS HAVE SAID:
A life changing, humbling experience.Jonathan Whitaker
Swaziland OR Mozambique
Starting at $1,857 US Dollars
3 meals per day
First Monday of the Month
Flights are not included in the cost.
All Out Africa runs two Research Centres and has qualified and experienced staff who will support you throughout your stay. Our packages can include an orientation to the centre upon arrival, food, accommodation, use of equipment and vehicles and project support.
WHY STUDY ABROAD
Benefits of travel and working abroad for your career:
• Dealing with challenging and unexpected situations and being out of your comfort zone can develop a higher level of confidence and focus, believing in yourself and meeting your goals
• These situations also improve your creativity and flexibility, thinking on your feet, finding new ways of doing things, improvising and solving problems
• The time away from home gives you the opportunity to learn more about yourself, know who you are and what you want
• There are opportunities for hands-on, experiential learning to help consolidate your knowledge and put your skills into practice
• It can be a trial to explore career options before beginning down a path
• For younger participants it can help give you a sense of independence and you learn the skills of living alone
• Interacting with different people from different cultures, religions and who speak different languages – you develop ways to connect with people from different backgrounds and enhance your communication
• Broadening your horizons can give you different perspectives to approach your working life and tasks as well as give you an understanding of different cultures and their impact on our beliefs and behaviours
• You will also gain a deeper understanding of cultures and global issues, and start to gain a network of international contacts
• It can be an advantage on your CV if you emphasise the transferrable skills you have learnt – such as communication, planning, flexibility and adaptability, problem-solving etc
• Some studies have found that those who work or study abroad typically earn up to 10% more in the years ahead compared to those who stayed at home – so it can be seen as a long-term investment!
SAVANNAH RESEARCH CENTRE
The Savannah Research Centre (SRC) is in the heart of the Lowveld in Eastern Swaziland in Mbuluzi Game Reserve. Home to a diverse range of wildlife including hippo, crocodile, ungulates, small mammels and a huge variety of birds, insects and vegetation.
There is the opportunity to conduct research relevant to the conservation of savannah ecosystems in Africa, such as birds, reptiles, ungulates, rodents, small predators, bats, vegetation and a variety of other plant and animal life. This is one of southern Africa’s most unique conservation areas within a global biodiversity hotspot. It is also possible to investigate the interface among protected areas, rural communities and commercial agriculture in Swaziland’s LubomboConservancy, and to research across the neighbouringreserves of Hlane Royal National Park and Mlawula Nature Reserve.
MARINE RESEARCH CENTRE
The Marine Research Unit (MRU) is located in Tofo, Mozambique which has stunning megafauna and macrofauna including whale sharks, humpback whales, manta rays, dolphins, turtles and sea horses, making it an exciting place to conduct research. The MRU is located overlooking the beach and next door is our accommodation and dive centre.
There is the opportunity to focus on large animal marine research, diversity assessment, reef health monitoring, or marine management issues. We have ongoing projects that can be adapted and existing data that we can share to aid research projects.
Click on the different category headings to find out more. You can also change some of your preferences. Note that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our websites and the services we are able to offer.
Essential Website Cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features.
Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the website, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our site functions. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings and force blocking all cookies on this website.
Google Analytics Cookies
These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our website and application for you in order to enhance your experience.
If you do not want that we track your visist to our site you can disable tracking in your browser here:
Other external services
We also use different external services like Google Webfonts, Google Maps and external Video providers. Since these providers may collect personal data like your IP address we allow you to block them here. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. Changes will take effect once you reload the page.