Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
OUR VOLUNTEERS HAVE SAID:
"It was a great experience where I could mean something to the beautiful children at the NCP"Caitlin Smith, Australia
OUR VOLUNTEERS HAVE SAID:
"Don’t regret a single day on the program"Martin Mueller, Germany
|Starting at $1,058|
|3 meals per day|
|First Monday of the Month|
Flights are not included in the cost.
Make an impact; contribute to sustainable development and have a genuine cultural experience with a passionate and professional African responsible travel company.
The focus of the Sports Development Project in Swaziland is to improve the wellbeing of disadvantaged children and youth within semi-rural Swazi communities, through sport and play. The aim is to develop these kids by making them stimulated, focused, fit and healthy, while at the same time as building their confidence through physical activity.
The project is born out of a need in this tiny but beautiful Kingdom; high levels of unemployment and poverty exist which can leave little to engage and involve children, and boredom and anti-social activities can be a result. Sport and play can be used as a method to combat these dangers, improving and uplifting the lives of the disadvantaged.
As a volunteer on this project you would help arrange games and physical activities for orphaned and vulnerable children aged 3-6 attending Neighbourhood Care Points (NCPs) in the Ezulwini valley. Depending on your interest and skills, you will also have the option to play and coach a variety of sports with older children and youth at the local sports centre.
The highlights of this rewarding experience include:
- Assisting with sports day activities at Neighbourhood Care Points (NCPs) to educate and support orphan and vulnerable children
- Help with swimming and horse vaulting lessons and our under 15 soccer league
- Visit to a Swazi Cultural Village and learn about Swaziland’s rich culture
- See the spectacular mountains and stunning beauty of Swaziland
During your stay you will be accommodated in an award winning lodge, in Ezulwini, Valley of Heaven. Three meals a day will also be provided, some on a self-serve basis and others cooked for you. For more information please see the Swaziland Lidwala Lodge Accommodation factsheet.
The role involves going to the NCPs in the morning to have the children participate in a variety of play activities – including song and dance, ball games, obstacle courses, tri-cycle riding and swimming lessons. You are encouraged to get as involved as possible in organizing these fun-filled events that bring so much joy to the children.
As a volunteer you may get involved in many of the following activities:
- Setting up obstacle courses and activities for the children to engage with
- Teaching hand-eye co-ordination through throwing and catching
- Teaching basic life skills including teeth cleaning and hygiene through sports
- Participating in song and dance activities
- Assist at swimming and horse vaulting lessons
In the afternoons, there is the possibility for you to play and coach sports such as football, netball, volleyball, tennis and more at the local sports centre, and here you will be encouraged to arrange trainings, to develop sports teams and organize mini competitions. There may also be sports tournaments and football leagues that you can also help with on the weekends.
Day in the life of a volunteer:
|7:00||Wake up to see the sunshine, jump in a hot shower and get yourself started for the day with breakfast!|
|8:00||Travel to your placement and get ready to begin your day|
|8:30||Participate in your chosen project assisting with organising sports activities such as obstacle courses, running, group and educational games at the NCPs|
|13:00||Time to either return to your accommodation for lunch, or eat the packed lunch you made that morning!|
|14:00||Begin your afternoon’s work with a full stomach and enthusiasm – this may involve returning to your morning building placement or having the opportunity for additional projects including local language lessons and assisting at homework clubs|
|16:30||Return back to your accommodation and share your day’s adventures with other volunteers, maybe even a quick swim in the pool!|
|18:30||Enjoy a delicious evening meal and relax……|
Fly into OR Tambo Airport, Johannesburg (more details in “Arrivals” section in the Swaziland Destination Brief) where you will be met by All Out Africa staff members who will transfer you by road from Johannesburg to the Kingdom of Swaziland. It is approximately a five hour journey from the airport to you to your accommodation in the Ezulwini Valley (Valley of Heaven).
The second day begins with an informative presentation that will brief you on all you need to know about the culture and country, how to effectively contribute during your volunteer experience, and what to expect on the tours.
In the afternoon you will embark on a Cultural Tour where you will visit the museum to learn about Swazi history and culture, and then will walk around a real Swazi village to experience day-to-day life in Swaziland. The tour finishes with a local culinary delight – a traditional Swazi braai!
Day 3-5 and other weekdays for the duration of your stay
You will spend these days volunteering on your orphan care project.
Day 6-7 and other weekends for the duration of your stay
These two days are a free weekend, a great time to explore the magic of Swaziland! You have the opportunity to join any of a number of fantastic excursions including zip lining across the stunning mountains and gorges of Malolotja National Park, white water rafting on the Great Usutu River, a quad bike tour or a rural home stay at a living Swazi village to mention just a few of the incredible activities that Swaziland has to offer.
For 4 week option:
Day 29 Return home
Sadly all great adventures must come to an end and on your final day you will leave the backpacker lodge in Swaziland and transfer by road to Johannesburg to catch your flight.
Airport transfer is included and facilitated by All Out Africa.
For 4 week plus option
Day 29 onwards
Continue with your volunteer project as described in days 3-5, giving you more time to contribute to your project and experience beautiful Swaziland.
INCLUDED IN FEE
- Comprehensive 24 hour, 7 day a week support from All Out Africa
- Volunteer projects specifically designed to enable you to make an active contribution during your stay
- Support of volunteer project coordinators who are experts in their fields which ensures the volunteer experience is valuable
- Comprehensive orientation to the country, its culture and your role as a volunteer upon arrival
- All food and accommodation throughout your stay
You can also add one of the following to your adventure of a lifetime prior to or upon arrival:
- Zip lining weekend through the mountains, waterfalls and gorges of Malolotja Nature Reserve
- Kruger National Park 3-5 night camping safaris to see the big 5!
Other Projects you may be interested in
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
Some Interesting Links
- For Volunteer Projects Contact:
- PO Box 153, Lobamba, Swaziland, Southern Africa.
- Tel: +268 2416 2260
- US Toll Free: 187-7216-7178
- UK Toll Free: : 08-0008-68526
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Adventure Tours contact:
- PO Box 132, Mahlanya, Swaziland, Southern Africa.
- Tel: +268 2528 3423
- Email: email@example.com