Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
OUR VOLUNTEERS HAVE SAID:
"Experience worth remembering in terms of the location, people i worked with and my efforts put into the volunteer work, highly rewarding"Asia Montanari, USA
OUR VOLUNTEERS HAVE SAID:
"Well organized and great structure of the programme. Loved the fact that the volunteering was combined with travelling"Dutch Volunteer
Combine travel with giving back to others on our volunteer-tour packages; help alleviate poverty, make new friends and experience the wonders of life in another country, all whilst supported by our experienced staff and staying in comfy accommodation.
The Kruger to Cape Volunteer Expedition will take you through some of the best that southern Africa has to offer in terms of wildlife, culture, beaches, sights and scenery. First you embark on a 5 day camping safari through the world famous Kruger National Park to spot big game, including the big 5 – lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino!
On your return it’s time to explore Swaziland and you will get involved in grass roots community projects, and have time to give back to others and learn more about the way of life in Swaziland. In the middle of your volunteer experience in Swaziland you will have a vacation to tropical Mozambique where you spend time on palm-fringed Indian Ocean beaches and snorkel with amazing megafauna such as whale sharks, dolphins, turtles and manta rays.
Then it’s time to head to spectacular South Africa, where you tour the coastline along toCape Town. You’ll see some of the most amazing beaches, interact with local people and wildlife, take part in activities including hikes, bungee jumping and boat rides. Once you arrive in Cape Town you’ll be exploring all this city has to offer, including climbing table mountain and shopping in local markets, and you will also be volunteering again with orphaned and vulnerable children and struggling communities in local townships.
The highlights of this incredibly diverse and comprehensive tour of southern Africa tour include:
• Safari in Kruger National Park in search of Africa’s famous Big five – lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino
• Sunset/night drive in Kruger, a great time to spot the large cats
• Volunteering (choose between orphan care, sports development, building or Savannah conservation whilst in Swaziland). This is your turn to learn a new role and contribute to sustainable development/conservation projects
• Visit to a Swazi Cultural Village and learn about Swaziland’s rich culture
• Relaxing on Tofo’s spectacular palm-fringed beaches
• Ocean Safari – snorkel with amazing creatures such whale sharks, manta rays and dolphins
• Island Kayak trip through the blue ocean waters around Inhambane, Mozambique
• Explore the beauty of the coastline of South Africa on a 10 day tour including stops at The St. Lucia Wetland World Heritage Site, the natural rugged beauty of the Wild Coast, and the diverse splendour of the Garden Route. This tour has it all from beaches, to wildlife to adrenaline activities!
• Volunteer on projects in Townships in Hout Bay where local residents and organisations are working together to build brighter futures
• Explore the diverse and vibrant Mother City – Cape Town
Accommodation and Meals
During your stay in you will be accommodated in award winning lodges and within Kruger National Park. You will stay firstly in Ezulwini, the Valley of Heaven in Swaziland, then at Lower Sabie Campsite within Kruger, and finally opposite the sandy beach of Hout Bay, Cape Town. Three meals a day will also be provided, some on a self-serve basis and others cooked for you.
In Kruger you will be joining a camping safari. Here your days will be spent on game drives searching for the incredibly diverse wildlife that this world renowned national park has to offer, while at night you will be camped out under the African stars, sitting around a crackling campfire listening to tales of the African bush. While in Kruger your guide will teach you about the animals and plants of the African Savannah and how important it is to protect this beautiful but fragile eco-system as well as how culture, tradition and society here is linked to wildlife.
When you arrive in the beautiful mountainous Kingdom of Swaziland your role will switch to volunteer as you get involved in projects that aim to uplift the lives of orphaned and vulnerable children. Volunteers have the option of choosing the following projects:
• Teaching, which involves assisting the teachers at our Neighbourhood Care Points (NCPs) , which act as pre-schools for orphan and vulnerable children (6 week option only)
• Building, which involves projects such as laying bricks for new classrooms or maintaining the gardens at our NCPs
• Sports, which includes assisting with running sporting activities with our NCP children including swimming and horse vaulting lessons
The fourth week of your experience is spent on the beautiful golden sand beaches of sunny Mozambique. After two weeks of hard volunteer work in Swaziland it’ll be time to relax in this tropical climate and swim the blue waters of the warm and inviting Indian Ocean. Mozambique is a colourful and vibrant African country like no other and it is here that you will get to spend seven days of beach bliss and ocean adventure.
You will then head back to Swaziland for two weeks to finish your work at your volunteer placement before packing your bag again and adventuring down South Africa’s incredible coast all the way to Cape Town. Time to sunbathe on glorious beaches; get a rush of adrenaline on optional extra activities such as bungy jumping; eat tasty local delicacies and learn about both the Zulu and Xhosa cultures.
In Cape Town you will work on child care projects based in the Imizamo Yethu or Hangberg Township on the outskirts of Cape Town. You will work with orphaned and vulnerable children helping with basic life skill training, teaching and support through care and attention. You will use your free weekends to explore the restaurants, beaches, historical museums and nightlife of one of Africa’s best cities.
Day in the life of a volunteer:
Wake up to see the sunshine, jump in a hot shower and get yourself started for the day with breakfast!
Travel to your placement and get ready to begin your day
Participate in your chosen project, such as coaching sports, conducting research, teaching a lesson or building a classroom wall!
Time to either return to your accommodation for lunch, or eat the packed lunch you made that morning!
Begin your afternoon’s work with a full stomach and enthusiasm – this may involve returning to your morning placement or having the opportunity for additional projects including local language lessons and assisting at homework clubs
Return back to your accommodation and share your day’s adventures with other volunteers, maybe even a quick swim in the pool!
Enjoy a delicious evening meal and relax……
Itinerary for your exciting experience
Fly into OR Tambo Airport, Johannesburg (more details in “Arrivals” section in the Swaziland Destination Brief) where you will be met by All Out Africa staff members who will transfer you by road from Johannesburg to the Kingdom of Swaziland. It is approximately a five hour journey from the airport to you to your accommodation in the Ezulwini Valley (Valley of Heaven).
The second day begins with an informative presentation that will brief you on all you need to know about the culture and country, how to effectively contribute during your volunteer experience, and what to expect on the tours.
In the afternoon you will embark on a Cultural Tour where you will visit the museum to learn about Swazi history and culture, and then will walk around a real Swazi village to experience day-to-day life in Swaziland. The tour finishes with a local culinary delight – a traditional Swazi braai!
Day 3-7 Conservation tour, Kruger National Park, South Africa
Kruger National Park is probably Africa’s most famous conservation area. Spanning nearly 20,000 km2 it covers a vast array of habitats and associated wildlife. It has an aura of ancient times and offers some of the best opportunities view Africa’s big game.
We venture on a five day tour into the heart of Kruger Park including four nights camping in the park and unlimited game drives exploring the vast wilderness with the expert guidance of one of our wildlife guides.
Previous groups have had great sightings of lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo, leopard, wild dog, giraffe, zebra to name just a few animals! There is an abundance of wildlife and birds to be spotted on your Kruger safari. You will also have the exciting opportunity to take part in a guided bush walk (optional extra) as well as experience a night drive where you’ll go in search of nocturnal wildlife.
On Day 7 you will depart Kruger for the beautiful Kingdom of Swaziland.
Day 8-20 Volunteer Projects, Swaziland
You will spend the next 10 days volunteering on your selected project (Orphan Care/Building/Sports Development).
As a volunteer, the activities you might be involved in will include any of the following practical projects:
• Teaching basic English and maths to children
• Organising the children at meal times
• Organising creative games and craft classes to stimulate minds
• Organising sports days for exercise and fun
• Participating in swimming and horse riding lessons
• Making clay bricks and preparing land for structures to be build
• Building structures including roofing
• Fencing and developing gardens to provide vegetables for the children
During this time you will also be supported to obtain your visa to enter Mozambique (the cost of visa is not included in the program cost) , and will also visit the MantengaCultural Village where you will have chance to experience traditional Swazi culture and lifestyle as well as witness traditional dancing and singing. You will also be invited to participate in learning the local dance moves!.
Day 21-26 Mozambique Beach and Whale Shark Tour
Mozambique is world famous for its idyllic tropical beaches on the Indian Ocean. As a former Portuguese colony that has come out of a prolonged civil war, it is now booming as quite possibly Africa’s top beach destination. Tofo is a laid-back beach village in southern Mozambique and offers some of the best opportunities in the world to snorkel in the wild with the world’s biggest fish – the whale shark. With diverse coral reefs, whales, manta rays, dolphins and nesting turtles Tofo is a marine paradise and yet it is relatively close to the vibrant historic trading port of Inhambane.
We venture on a 7 day tour to Tofo where you will experience the laid-back beach lifestyle of this colourful and vibrant country. You will take an ocean safari to snorkel with the magnificent whale shark and also have a full day kayak trip across the blue waters to the palm fringed islands in the Inhambane Bay. If you are a certified diver you will have the opportunity of exploring the spectacular fish life of the coral reefs! There is also the option to take part in an Internationally Accredited Open Water or Advanced Dive Course (extra cost) should you wish to dive. Here you’ll have the opportunity of exploring the spectacular fish life of the coral reefs and the chance to find the “Tofo Big 5” – whale sharks, manta rays, turtles, dolphins and humpback whales. There are plenty of optional extra activities including beach horse rides, quad biking, mangrove kayaking, surfing, body boarding, deep sea fishing and catamaran cruises. A beach party or two is par for the course and some chill time on the beach is guaranteed.
Mozambique is a true gem on the east African coastline, an unspoiled paradise waiting to be explored!
Day 27 Ezulwini (Swaziland)
Depart Mozambique, and transfer back to your backpacker lodge in Swaziland.
Day 28-50 Ezulwini (Swaziland)
On returning to Swaziland from Mozambique you will head back to your volunteer placement for 3 weeks. (Note: Depending on the tour schedule to Cape Town, in some instances it may only be 2 weeks, in which case you will have an extra week’s volunteering in Cape Town). You will follow the same work programme as your initial two weeks. (see Day 8-20).
Day 51 Tour to Cape Town (South Africa)
Saying good bye to Swaziland a brand new adventure starts for you as you prepare to travel down the beautiful east coast of South Africa to Cape Town. Along the way you will get to explore some of the best parts of South Africa including the Kwa-Zulu Natal North Coast, The Valley of a Thousand Hills, the Wild Coast, the Garden Route and of course the most beautiful city in the world Cape Town!
Your sightseeing stops along the way will include St. Lucia, Durban, Chinsta, Port Elizabeth, Tsitsikama and finally Cape Town.
Day 52 -55 St. Lucia and Durban
The first stop is the St Lucia Greater Wetland Park (world heritage site) where you will take a boat cruise on the St Lucia estuary before experiencing Zulu culture in the areas around Durban. Once in Durban you will explore the underwater world visiting the amazing Aquarium and water park. You will then explore the city of Durban with its golden beaches and rich nightlife.
Day 56-58 The Wild Coast
Depart for the Wild Coast renowned for its dramatic coastline, beautiful beaches and laid back rural communities. You will have the chance to laze on the beach, explore the coastal hills and experience Xhosa rural living at its best.
Day 59-61 The Garden Route
Next you will travel through and stay along the “Garden Route” famous for its beautiful coastal villages and towns set against the backdrop of ancient forests and rugged mountains. You have a choice of one of three optional activities in Tsitsikamma:
• Black water tubing: floating, paddling and jumping along Storms River
• Waterafll zipline adventure through the Tsitsikama forest, or
• Kayak and Lilo adventure to paddle up and float back along the Storms River
As an optional extra activity you can also experience the world’s highest bungee jump, or you can choose to hike through some of the indigenous forests or potter around some of the villages and shops.
Day 61-62 Cape Town
Finally you will travel to Cape Town where you will have the chance to experience the buzz of Africa’s most sought after city. You can explore the bars and shops of Long Street, saunter the dock sides of the V&A waterfront, scale the heights of the famous table mountain or boat out to Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was held a political prisoner for 27 years.
8/9 week option (depending on Cape Town tour departure date):
Sadly all great adventures must come to an end and on your final day you will leave the lodge in Hout Bay and will fly out of Cape Town International Airport or depart by other means. Airport transfer is included on the designated departure day, otherwise early departures are responsible for their own transportation.
Day 63-83 Child Care Project (Hout Bay)
You will spend the next days working with one of the child care centres in the Hout Bay area that are assisting disadvantaged children. During your three weeks (four weeks depending on tour dates) working at the care centres you will get involved with a number of different projects that aim to inspire and uplift the lives of these children. Volunteers will help with lesson planning and learning activities, painting educational murals, and reading/writing. You’ll work in direct contact with these children on a daily basis taking care of their basic needs and giving them much needed love and care.
Day 70 (10 week option) or Day 84 (12 week option) Programme ends
Sadly all great adventures must come to an end and on your final day you will leave the lodge in Hout Bay and will fly out of Cape Town International Airport or depart by other means. Airport transfer is included on the designated departure day, otherwise early departures are responsible for their own transportation
INCLUDED IN FEE
- Comprehensive 24 hour, 7 day a week support from All Out Africa
- Volunteer projects specifically designed to enable you to make an active contribution during your stay
- Support of volunteer project coordinators who are experts in their fields which ensures the volunteer experience is valuable
- Comprehensive orientation to the country, its culture and your role as a volunteer upon arrival
- All food and accommodation throughout your stay
- Tour guide for the duration of your tours, imparting their expert local knowledge and spotting lions in Kruger
- Donation to our non-for-profit foundation which supports our humanitarian and community and conservation activities
You can also add one of the following to your adventure of a lifetime prior to or upon arrival:
- Internationally recognised Open Water or Advanced Dive Course
- Bush walk in Kruger, to see some of the smaller creatures that reside in Kruger up close and personal
- Zip lining weekend through the mountains, waterfalls and gorges of Malolotja Nature Reserve, Swaziland
- Bungee jump at Tsitsikamma – the world’s highest bungy bridge
- Shark cage diving to see these amazing creatures up close, in Cape Town
- Trip to Cape Point National Park, one of the most southerly points of Africa
Other Projects you may be interested in
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
Some Interesting Links
- For Volunteer Projects Contact:
- PO Box 153, Lobamba, Swaziland, Southern Africa.
- Tel: +268 2416 2260
- US Toll Free: 187-7216-7178
- UK Toll Free: : 08-0008-68526
- Email: email@example.com
- For Adventure Tours contact:
- PO Box 132, Mahlanya, Swaziland, Southern Africa.
- Tel: +268 2528 3423
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org