Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
OUR VOLUNTEERS HAVE SAID:
"A really professional experience with a great balance of holidaying and volunteering"Lachlan Birt, Australia
OUR VOLUNTEERS HAVE SAID:
"The staff and the volunteers made this journey very enjoyable and lifetime experience"Anon
Combine travel with giving back to others on our volunteer-tour packages; help alleviate poverty, make new friends and experience the wonders of life in another country, all whilst supported by our experienced staff and staying in comfy accommodation.
This experience will take you through South Africa where you will have the chance to tour the world famous Kruger National Park though embarking on a five day camping safari to spot big game. Then you venture into Swaziland where you will get involved in community building projects. Not only will you get to enjoy an amazing variety of places on this tour but you will also get to experience some varied and life changing activities ranging from close encounters with The Big Five, to building much needed infrastructure for orphaned and vulnerable children. Along the way you will experience a mix of travelling and humanitarian work.
The highlights of this incredibly diverse and comprehensive tour of southern Africa tour include:
- Safari in Kruger National Park in search of Africa’s famous Big five – lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino
- Sunset/night drive in Kruger, a great time to spot the large cats
- Volunteering – this is your turn to learn traditional Swazi building methods and to develop/maintain our care points to educate and support orphan and vulnerable children
- Visit to a Swazi Cultural Village and learn about Swaziland’s rich culture
During your stay you will be accommodated in an award winning lodge, in Ezulwini, Valley of Heaven, and whilst in Kruger you will be camping inside the park at the Lower Sabie campsite.
There are two distinct parts to this travel experience each with its own interesting flavour. In Kruger you will be joining a camping safari. Here your days will be spent on game drives searching for the incredibly diverse wildlife that this world renowned national park has to offer, while at night you will be camped out under the African stars, sitting around a crackling campfire listening to tales of the African bush. While in Kruger your guide will teach you about the animals and plants of the African Savannah and how important it is to protect this beautiful but fragile eco-system as well as how culture, tradition and society here is linked to wildlife.
When you arrive in the beautiful mountainous Kingdom of Swaziland your role will switch to volunteer as you get involved in building and gardening projects that aim to uplift the lives of orphaned and vulnerable children.
Day in the life of a volunteer:
|7:00||Wake up to see the sunshine, jump in a hot shower and get yourself started for the day with breakfast!|
|8:00||Travel to your placement and get ready to begin your day|
|8:30||Participate in your chosen project, such as building structures, digging foundations, making bricks, maintaining structures, planting seeds and erecting fences.|
|13:00||Time to either return to your accommodation for lunch, or eat the packed lunch you made that morning!|
|14:00||Begin your afternoon’s work with a full stomach and enthusiasm – this may involve returning to your morning building placement or having the opportunity for additional projects including local language lessons and assisting at homework clubs|
|16:30||Return back to your accommodation and share your day’s adventures with other volunteers, maybe even a quick swim in the pool!|
|18:30||Enjoy a delicious evening meal and relax……|
Fly into OR Tambo Airport, Johannesburg (more details in “Arrivals” section in the Swaziland Destination Brief) where you will be met by All Out Africa staff members who will transfer you by road from Johannesburg to the Kingdom of Swaziland. It is approximately a five hour journey from the airport to you to your accommodation in the Ezulwini Valley (Valley of Heaven).
The second day begins with an informative presentation that will brief you on all you need to know about the culture and country, how to effectively contribute during your volunteer experience, and what to expect on the tours.
In the afternoon you will embark on a Cultural Tour where you will visit the museum to learn about Swazi history and culture, and then will walk around a real Swazi village to experience day-to-day life in Swaziland. The tour finishes with a local culinary delight – a traditional Swazi braai!
Day 3-7 Conservation tour, Kruger National Park, South Africa
Kruger National Park is probably Africa’s most famous conservation area. Spanning nearly 20,000 km2 it covers a vast array of habitats and associated wildlife. It has an aura of ancient times and offers some of the best opportunities view Africa’s big game.
We venture on a five day tour into the heart of Kruger Park including four nights camping in the park and unlimited game drives exploring the vast wilderness with the expert guidance of one of our wildlife guides.
Previous groups have had great sightings of lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo, leopard, wild dog, giraffe, zebra to name just a few animals! There is an abundance of wildlife and birds to be spotted on your Kruger safari. You will also have the exciting opportunity to take part in a guided bush walk (optional extra) as well as experience a night drive where you’ll go in search of nocturnal wildlife.
On Day 7 you will depart Kruger for the beautiful Kingdom of Swaziland.
Day 8-12 Build a Future Volunteer Project, Swaziland
You will spend the next 5 days volunteering on your building project. As a volunteer, the activities you might be involved in will include any of the following practical projects:
- Making clay bricks
- Clearing and preparing land for structures to be build
- Digging of foundations upon which to build
- Building structures including roofing
- Fencing and developing gardens to provide nutritious food for the children
- Painting structures
- Fix up swings and other play equipment
Day 13-14 Experience Swaziland
These two days are a free weekend, a great time to explore the magic of Swaziland! You have the opportunity to join any of a number of fantastic excursions including zip lining across the stunning mountains and gorges of Malolotja National Park, white water rafting on the Great Usutu River, a quad bike tour or a rural home stay at a living Swazi village to mention just a few of the incredible activities Swaziland has to offer.
For 2 week option:
Day 15 Return home
Sadly all great adventures must come to an end and on your final day you will leave the backpacker lodge in Swaziland and transfer by road to Johannesburg to catch your flight.
Airport transfer is included and facilitated by All Out Africa.
For 3 week plus option
Day 15 onwards
Continue with your volunteer project as described in days 8-12, giving you more time to contribute to your project and experience beautiful Swaziland.
INCLUDED IN FEE
- Comprehensive 24 hour, 7 day a week support from All Out Africa
- Volunteer projects specifically designed to enable you to make an active contribution during your stay
- Support of volunteer project coordinators who are experts in their fields which ensures the volunteer experience is valuable
- Comprehensive orientation to the country, its culture and your role as a volunteer upon arrival
- All food and accommodation throughout your stay
- Tour guide for the duration of your tours, imparting their expert local knowledge and spotting lions in Kruger
- Donation to our non-for-profit foundation which supports our humanitarian and community and conservation activities
You can also add one of the following to your adventure of a lifetime prior to or upon arrival:
- Bush walk in Kruger, to see some of the smaller creatures that reside in Kruger up close and personal
- Zip lining weekend through the mountains, waterfalls and gorges of Malolotja Nature Reserve
Other Projects you may be interested in
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
Some Interesting Links
- For Volunteer Projects Contact:
- PO Box 153, Lobamba, Swaziland, Southern Africa.
- Tel: +268 2416 2260
- US Toll Free: 187-7216-7178
- UK Toll Free: : 08-0008-68526
- Email: email@example.com
- For Adventure Tours contact:
- PO Box 132, Mahlanya, Swaziland, Southern Africa.
- Tel: +268 2528 3423
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org